A new issue of Dripline is out!
Dripline’s last issue, in January, was written during our country’s severe drought and dreadful, wide-spread bushfires. This issue is being written during an international crisis, and our hearts go out to all those who are suffering in many and various ways due to the effects of Covid19. We join with the world in giving special thanks to all front-line workers, including doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners etc who are doing such wonderful and necessary work.
In this issue, we read about Sarah’s story of how Meningococcal led to her need for HPN; we hear about Sal’s family’s outback trip to provide help for a farming family; we learn of the response of both New Zealand’s and Australia’s Parliaments to rare diseases; we find out what some of our HPNers are doing with themselves during self-isolation; and we read about Baxter’s filming of a video to assist new HPNers for transitioning from hospital to home.
I hope you enjoy the read,
- Coronavirus and the HPNer
- PNDU Events 2020
- Meningococcal Led to HPN
- HPNer Film Stars
- Intravenous Catheter Lock Solutions in Patients Receiving HPN
- Watcha Doin’? (During Self-Isolation)
- Rare is Everywhere (Rare Diseases in New Zealand)
- Officially Launched – the National Strategic Action Plan for Rare Diseases (Australia)
- Our Cowell Outback Links Adventure (Sal’s Family)
- Birthday Corner
- A Day in the Life of an HPNer- Electricity and Water Use
- Upcoming Events
- Thank you
- Planning Overseas Travel
- PNDU Information: Membership, Donations and Contact Information